One of the founding partners of Kohlmeyer Hagen, Law Office Chtd., Jason has spent a career attempting to perfect the practice of family law. He teaches other lawyers throughout the state and nation about family law and trial tactics and how to solve family law problems.
Since moving to Mankato in 2000 he has practiced family and serious criminal defense. Handling many types of family law cases including farm divorce cases, custody, paternity, grandparent rights and just about every other facet in the family law arena.
Jason also is an accomplished instructor, teaching at both the university level and to his fellow attorneys many times a year. He has presented at the American Bar Association’s Annual and Mid-Year meetings, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America annual meeting as well as for the Minnesota State Bar Association and MN Continuing Legal Education on a frequent basis. For a full list of speaking engagements please click here.
Jason has received a variety of awards and accolades including:
- Named a “SuperLawyer” 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- named a “Rising Star” by Minnesota Super Lawyers 2003-2013
- Named Fellow of the American Bar Association
- “Star of the Quarter” by the American Bar Association-YLD
- Named one of 10 “up and coming lawyers” by Minnesota Lawyer Magazine, 2002
- Past Chair of Family Law Section for the Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Past Fellow, American Bar Association Family Law Section to the YLD
- Past Board of Governor member for the Minnesota State Bar Assoc. Criminal Law Section
- International speaker on both criminal and family law issues
- Rated a perfect“10″ by avvo.com, lawyer ranking organization
- Graduate of the NITA trial advocacy college
- Past President of the 6th District Bar Association.
Jason is also a six year veteran of the Minnesota Army National Guard where he served first as an intelligence analyst and finished his career as an infantry squad leader. He now lives in Mankato, with his wife and children. Aside from practicing law Jason travels as well as writing, having recently completed his first book. “The Divorce Survival Guide: Getting Divorce in Minnesota” available on Amazon.com